Video marketing can be hard.
You know you want to get your message out there & that video mediums like Instagram Stories, YouTube, TikTok, or Instagram Live are a great way to do it…
But you turn the camera on yourself and you don’t look that great. Or you don’t know what to say. Or any time you think you know what to say, you just get nervous, choke up, and stumble over your words while sweating on screen.
Which is why I invited Linda Ugelow to be on the show. She’s a speaking and confidence coach, and is incredible at helping entrepreneurs & solopreneurs like us feel good on video, get over our fears around it, and take our marketing to the next level.
In this episode, she shares a ton of great advice and ways to get over the live video fears. In fact, some of this information is stuff she’s never shared outside of her workshops before, so make sure you listen in. 👂 It’s super valuable.
What we talk about:
- How she started working as a video coach.
- What a 200-day crash course of going live on Periscope taught her.
- The ah-ha moment 💡 that happened after day 75 of showing up on live video.
- The fear of being seen that so many entrepreneurs have.
- Her process for feeling more comfortable in front of the camera. (She tells us the steps she leads people through in her live workshops!)
- What to do if you’re having terrible acne or a bad hair day.
- What happened when she got a bout of terrible eczema all over her eye.
- How to know / prepare what to say before you go live.
- A great video recording tip to allow space for cuts so it doesn’t look like you’re messing up (even if you are).
Links & Resources Mentioned:
- Linda’s free, guided meditation to gain speaking confidence.
- Instagram: @lindaugelow
- Facebook: Linda Ugelow
- LinkedIn: Linda Ugelow
- YouTube: Women Inspired TV
Tell me what you loved & what you want to hear on this podcast in the future!
Find me on Instagram @businessbitchchelsea & tell me what you loved about this episode!
Also, tell me what you’d love to learn or who you’d love to hear from in upcoming episodes. I make this podcast for you, so I’m here to serve! Tell me what you want to hear and I’ll put it into the content calendar.
Sign up for The Business Bitch Dispatch
Make sure you sign up for The Business Bitch Dispatch, where every week I share a behind-the-scenes look at what it’s like for me to run two businesses. I share my successes & failures, what my to-do lists look like, and lessons I learn along the way as a solopreneur business owner. After all, me sharing my insights only helps you get better at what you do!
I also include easy-to-do weekly business hacks that help you stay on top of your game and become more profitable, as well as other inspiring content from across the web that I know the Business Bitch community will LOVE.
If you were into this podcast episode, you’ll love The Business Bitch Dispatch, so sign up at BusinessBitch.com/Dispatch.