In September 2020, I started a 90-day LinkedIn experiment to see how I could grow my traction, traction, network, and engagement on the social media platform. I started out not really knowing what I was doing, but by following positive feedback, I figured out how to FILL my inbox with new client leads week after week.
In this episode, I’ll outline exactly what I did in the experiment, how it evolved, and what the 2-3 key things were that I did to get new leads coming TO ME; no cold outreach required.
Buckle up & listen in: if you own a client-based business, you’re in for a 20-some minute ride that could truly change your life.
The basic evolution of my LinkedIn business experiment:
- For 2-3 weeks, I posted a selfie-style video to LinkedIn every day.
- After a while, I started scrolling through my feed & commenting while the video took time to upload.
- I noticed a sharp uptick in profile views, engagement, and connection requests as a result of commenting on OTHER peoples’ content.
- I began spending 30 minutes per day commenting on LinkedIn.
- I automated my content posting to LinkedIn through Recurpost, so I was sharing an old blog post, web page, or video every day.
- I accepted everyone’s connection request.
- I began having conversations with people who sent me a message with their connection request.
- To have more high-quality conversations (& increase my number of leads), I started sending a message back to every single connection request I accepted.
Message script to use on your new connections:
Super happy to connect! Was there anything in particular about my content or my profile that made you want to reach out & make a connection?
My NINE Best Tips for Getting Leads on LinkedIn:
- Put something catchy or off-the-beaten-path in your “position” line that appears under your name.
- Spend 30 minutes per day commenting on other peoples’ content.
- Any time someone sends a connection request, accept and respond with a question to get the conversation started.
- Keep track of your leads. (You’ll get a lot, so don’t let people fall through the cracks. A simple notebook works fine.)
- Have real conversations, and don’t jump the gun with your sales.
- Don’t be precious about accepting connection requests. You can also remove creeps & spammers.
- Add me on LinkedIn & see how I do it!
- Don’t worry about producing your own content.
- Just get started!
Links mentioned in the episode: