Let’s talk about why consistency is so damn key in business. 🔑
All. The. Time.
It’ll probably sound so basic you’ll face-palm: but it comes down to marketing. 🤦🏼♀️
I love that the root of the word “marketing” is “market” – because markets are where we go (well, went) to buy things or trade.
Back in the old days, if you wanted to have hope of making any money at all, you had to “go marketing” *~*consistently*~*. If you didn’t, you wouldn’t make a good living.
No one would know about you if you weren’t at the market. If you decided you only wanted to show up sporadically or once per month, people would know for a fact they couldn’t rely on you. They’d do the safest thing for them and take their business elsewhere.
And even though we don’t have to load up our wares and a wagon and haul ass to a market anymore, we DO still have to show up in our business.
Even if it’s from a messy home desk, with a coffee-stained t-shirt, and hair you haven’t washed in 8 days. The glory of the internet is no one has to actually *see* you if you don’t want them to… but you do still have to show up.
Let me say it again:
📣 If you don’t show up, nobody’s gonna know about you. 📣
And if you don’t show up consistently, no one’s gonna trust you. (Which translates into very few people buying from you… just like would happen if we were stuck selling in the olden-days markets instead of the internet.)
So… HOW do you show up EVERY DAY online? Especially if you haven’t got the time or energy?
Listen, I AM NOT here to gaslight you with some bullshit about how “you gotta grind & hustle 24/7 if you really believe in your dream or you won’t be successful.” 🙄
I was not born yesterday, I know we ALL have different life circumstances, and some of which are more limiting than others. Plus, as much as I ADORE my own work, I do still like to sleep, eat, exercise, and have a freakin’ social life from time to time. (And I have at least two days each month when working is 100% not an option… hello periods. #reallife #getoverit)
So what do you do if you can’t be “on” 24/7…. or if you have an illness, a child, or something else that’s a wee bit unpredictable, but you STILL want to run your own business and you want all the peoples to buy from you?
This, my love, is where the GLORY of the internet shines through even more.
There are a multitude of ways to do this, and what you choose will depend on your own personality, preferences, and business model, but here are two of my favorites:
- Using a tool like RecurPost (it’s free!) to re-post your content to social media, on repeat, day after day without you ever having to think about it.
- Re-purposing old content into something new, so you don’t have to write or create from scratch. Like an email into a blog post. A youtube video into a podcast episode. A how-to blog post into a video script. Or an Instagram caption into a motivational LinkedIn post.
- Full transparency: the first part of today’s post was copied & pasted directly from my most recent newsletter.
Try these out if they resonate with you.
~OR~ if you’d like something a little more custom (and therefore A LOT more effective for you), book a troubleshooting call with me.
We’ll get a SOLID plan in place, and could even help you start writing some of the stuff you’ll start putting out.
Plus, we’ll come up with a CUSTOM to-do list so you can EASILY show up EVERY. DAMN. DAY. in your business, no matter what your personal life looks like. (And even if you ~can’t~ show up to work every day. One of the best things ever about the internet is SCHEDULING posts in advance… so you can “show up” to work & market yourself, even when, at that exact moment, you’re in bed snoring with drool dripping out of your mouth. I could go on and on for days about why this is the best thing ever, but I’ll put a cork in it because I think you get the picture.)
In addition to coming up with a solid business plan to help you “show up” consistently so your audience knows they can rely on you and buy from you, we can use our time on the troubleshooting call to help you do things like:
- Scale your automatic income
- FINALLY reach that monthly money goal you’ve been trying for forever, but just can’t seem to hit
- Launch a new product, service, or program
- (Or repackage your old ones into something WAY more exciting)
- Improve your messaging & copywriting
- Finding the gigs and clients that pay the big bucks $$$ 💰 🤑
- Figuring out what’s wrong in your marketing & how to fix it
- Raise your prices while keeping most of your clients / customers on board
These troubleshooting calls are, I think, my favorite service I’ve ever offered, and they’re even on sale right now. (Only $95! 😱)